Your fear is being caused by the devil; by a “spirit of fear”.
Here is the entire Scripture passage:
For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. (2 Timothy 1:7 NKJV)
But Satan and his demons — as they always do — have corrupted God’s gift by using it against you. They do it by planting thoughts into your mind, thoughts of impending disaster and doom. They are behind all of those “what if” questions that tie you in knots of fear.
Paul wrote this:
Our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but… against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.” (Ephesians 6:12)
The “voice” you “hear”in your thoughts sounds like your voice. But often, it isn’t. It may be the voice of a demon, impersonating you by somehow injecting thoughts into your mind. In this way, demons are able to deceive you into believing their lies.
REMEMBER:Deception is Satan’s most powerful weapon against the entire human race!
But also remember:God has your back!
How To Apply The Principle:
- The fear that you are experiencing is NOT from God! How often did Jesus say things such as, “Do not be afraid“; and “let not your hearts be troubled“; and “fear not and “be of good cheer“? No, most of your fear is being inflicted by a “SPIRIT OF FEAR”!
- God has given you the power to overcome. He has put His power into His Word. But that concept is: “…foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the Power of God” (1 Corinthians 1:18).
- God’s heart burns with love for YOU: “For God so loved the world that He gave His only Son…” (John 3:16). and He longs for you to love Him in return. Also, His Word commands us to love others even more than we love ourselves.
- God has blessed most of with a sound mind. WE have the capacity to know; to memorize; to reason. We also have the freedom to choose what we put into our minds. He urges us to “…be transformed by the renewing of our minds.” (Romans 12:2)
- What To Do: memorize this: “God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. (2 Timothy 1:7)”. You can do it. Just write it on a recipe card and read it over several times a day until you can say it “by heart”. THEN — VERY IMPORTANT:Recite it silently to yourself frequently throughout the day. You will be astonished at how it helps you!
PRAYER:“Heavenly Father, I praise You for showing me this truth about Satan and his demons. Now that I know that they are the instigators of the fear I’ve had I know exactly what to do. The next time fear even thinks about tormenting me, I won’t listen to those lies. I’ll quickly turn to You and rely on Your promises for help and comfort.”