Jesus said that Bible Truth sets you free, right? So it naturally follows that a lack of Bible Truth leaves you captive to the world systems.
God is no cheapskate! He lavishes His benefits upon those who obey Him.
The Truth Sets You Free
31 So Jesus said to the Jews who had believed him, “If you remain in my word, you are truly my disciples, 32 and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” (John 8:31~32)
Jesus promises: if you spend regular time with Him in His Word, you will have His Truth. Once you have the Truth of His Word, you have freedom!
Look at the list of promises — and the only condition:
- The following benefits are conditional: Jesus says to us, “If you remain in My Word…”. This is is a clear call to practice Scripture memory. Once you’re on that track, here’s how Jesus will think of you:
- You will be His disciple. A disciple is someone who is being taught by Jesus. You can learn from the Master!
- You will know the Truth. It’s very reassuring to know down to the core of your being that you are in possession of thoughts from the Mind of God.
- The Truth sets you free. Surely knowing the truth that God is always with you, and then choosing by faith to act accordingly, is freedom from worry, doubt, fear etc.
From the earliest days of mankind, God has been telling us how to remain in His Word. For example:
Note the underlined text:
These Words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up” (Deuteronomy 6:6~7)
Consider the list of “how-to” instructions God gave to the Israelites — and to us:
- We must know God’s Word, but that knowledge has to extend beyond intellectual “head knowledge” to where it penetrates our hearts. That expression “on your heart” refers to knowing portions of the Word of God “by heart”. The life-transforming principles of the Bible then become our source of wisdom for the decisions we make.
- We must pass on this handling of the Word of God — including Scripture memory — to our children.
- The Word of God should be the first thing we think about as we rise up from sleep. We must: learn about and discuss God’s Word at home, grab opportunities to discuss and apply God’s Word during the day, and let His Word comfort our minds, our hearts, and our spirits as we lie down to sleep. And when you know God’s Word, His Truth sets you free from demons when you sleep.
Back in the day when Jesus spoke the words found in John 8:31-32 above, the people did not understand that He was not offering political freedom, but rather freedom from many kinds of spiritually-induced miseries.
Today, He extends that offer to you!
IF… if you remain in His Word.
Online Courses by Word Blessings
How YOU Can Live In Peace
38 lessons - click/tap image above
All problems are easier to face when you are working from a position of peace and strength rather than from a position of worry, anxiety, and fear. Peace is what you long for, right? The really good news is: EVERYONE can have peace — at least, that is what Jesus said.
The Battle Is Not Yours, but Gods
30 lessons - click/tap image above
This online course includes a biblical example of how God will fight your battle for you, WHEN you choose to live in harmony with Him.
ALSO: In one of the units in this course, I have shared part of my ongoing transformation in Gods "University of Adversity".