Your fear is being caused by the devil; by a “spirit of fear”.
Here is perhaps the most important thing to know about fear: it is not just a physiological response to circumstances.
Fear is a spiritual phenomenon, inflicted by the devil.
God built a “flight-or-fight” mechanism into you for your protection. The rush of adrenaline known as a “panic attack” will also, when you’re facing real danger, give you an instant boost of strength.
But Satan and his demons, as they always do, have taken God’s gift and have corrupted it by using it against you. They do it by planting thoughts into your mind, thoughts of impending disaster and doom. They are behind all of those “what if” questions that tie you in knots of fear.
Our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but… against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.” (Ephesians 6:12)
The “voice” you “hear” in your thoughts sounds like your voice. But often, it isn’t. It may be the voice of a demon, impersonating you by somehow injecting thoughts into your mind. In this way, demons are able to trick you into believing their lies.
Subscribe to Word Blessings! It’s Free.
SPAM POLICY: I promise before God that I will never give away, sell, or in any other way, transfer your email address to anyone else.
How To Apply The Principle:
- If you are experiencing fear, that fear is not from God. How often did Jesus say things such as, “Do not be afraid; let not your hearts be troubled; fear not; be of good cheer”? No, most of your fear is being caused by a “spirit of fear”.
- God has given you power to overcome. He put His power into His Word. But that concept is “foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the Power of God”.
- God’s heart burns with love for you: “For God so loved the world that He gave His only Son…”. and He longs for you to love Him in return. Also, His Word commands you love others even more than we love ourselves.
- God has blessed us most of with a sound mind. WE have the capacity to know, to remember, to reason. We also have the freedom to choose what we put into our minds. He calls us to “be transformed by the renewing of our minds.”
- What To Do: memorize this: “God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. (2 Timothy 1:7)”. You can do it. Just write it on a recipe card and read it over several times a day until you can say it “by heart”. THEN — VERY IMPORTANT: Recite it silently to yourself frequently throughout the day. You will be astonished at how it helps you!
PRAYER: “Heavenly Father, I praise You for showing me this truth about Satan and his demons. Now that I know that they are the instigators of the fear I’ve had I know exactly what to do. The next time fear even thinks about tormenting me, I won’t listen to those lies. I’ll quickly turn to You and rely on Your promises for help and comfort.”